Sunday, September 27, 2009

The past few days - day 28 of blogging

Thursday night...worked all night.  Was supposed to go out with a friend who came downtown to attend a speedating event but was stuck at work.

Friday night had a blind date that my 26 year old girlfriend set me up on. The guy is 47 years old and as I probed further, it turns out that he has a 17 yr old daughter and a 19 year old son.  After work, I first had to meet up with my girlfriend to celebrate her 30th bday at C'est What and to celebrate her bf's new job.  Met some really interesting people there.  So around 9ish, my blind date came to pick me up at the restaurant bar.  When I went out to meet him, he was standing by his white 5 series bmw.  So I get in the car and we decide to go to a steakhouse. He takes me to this steakhouse called Bavarian House.  Its near Eaton Centre.  So we end up splitting a 24 oz portersize steak. We had giant shrimps and ceasar salad as appertizer. With the steak I had spinach, fries and a glass of wine.  Overall the food was great.  My date drove me home around 12pm and asked if i would invite him up.  I told him that my place was too messy for anyone to visit.

Saturday, I decided to visit my girlfriend who lives in Mississauga. So my date was heading that way so I asked him to drop me off at my friends place. So he proceeds to pick me up at 415pm on his way back downtown  after he had picked up some groceries for the week.  So we were supposed to meet up at 5pm which is around the time we got back downtown.  As it was raining, we decided to stay in and watch a dvd instead of going to the theatre.  Around 7pm, I started to get hungry. I mentioned this to my date and he says he ate at his parents place at 3pm and that he wasn't hungry.  He also had told me on the drive down that he was going to make chili for his neighbours as he owed them dinner and I had noticed that he bought all the necessary ingredients. So after I repeatedly mentioned I was starving, my date offered me a banana, an egg sandwich, a salad, and some fruits. There I was thinking that he would suggest that we go out to dinner or order pizza in. Finally he said he could cook for me but that it would take too long and suggested that we could walk down the street to pick up something.  I had the distinct feeling that he did not want to suggest  go someplace for dinner. I wasn't sure if it was because he had paid for the first date last week and was waiting for reciprocation or what. In the end, I ended up making myself instant noodles around 7pm.  At 9pm I was still hungry and mentioned it to him again. He offered to make me a hamburger as ground beef was the only thing he had in the fridge. As that ground beef was for the chili for his dinner party the next day, how could I say yes.  He has a car and it wasn't for lack of money (as he seemed to enjoy throwing 10 party dinner parties and had plans to go out with some friends for lunch the next day).  So the guy asks what I normally eat...i told him "i normally eat dinner".  Then he suggested that we go to my place and that I cook for the both of us. So I inform him that I don't have anything to cook at my place.  In the end, he offered to drive me home around 930pm which I accepted with great relief.  While we were watching the dvd, the guy had the nerve to get his laptop, check his facebook, and play an online word puzzle game ...to my great shock.  At the door, I said thanks to him for driving me home and hopped out of the car.  As I barely shut the door, the guy presses on the gas and the car zooms loudly away.

Sunday morning, I wake up and felt like going to get some food. So I contact this other guy and we head uptown for dimsum. For some reason we were stuck in such heavy traffic that it took us an hour to go uptown.  Lunch was good and we headed to Yorkdale mall to walk around afterwards.  So I finally head back downtown and its now 6pm.  Was going to do some work at the office but there is some kind of power outage.

No comments:

Post a Comment