Saturday, September 5, 2009

TGIF

After a full long week,TGIF.

I spent part of my day trying to plan out the evening and the rest of the weekend. Funny how much planning I am doing for someone who doesn't like to plan ahead.

People around me have all these preferences. I try to please everyone and be accomodating but frankly, it feels like a lot of work.  Call me lazy but I'm already exhausted communicating with three people simultaneously via text and email.

So after work, I head over to meet my girlfriend at Eaton Centre. She's already been there waiting for me for over an hour and a bit when I finally arrive. My other friend sends me a text letting me know that she'll be meet us at 630pm. The plan is to try to hit a patio. Either Milestones or Jacks. We show up at the restaurant and the wait is half an hour to an hour. By the time we are seated at Jacks - I'm exhausted from standing and waiting. After we got a table indoors, we get on another wait list for a table on the patio. Apparently, there are 18 people ahead of us for a table on the patio.

After we order our food, we're joined by three other girls. Suddenly the evening has turned into an impromptu girls night out.  After dinner, two girls decide to catch a movie at Varsity while the three others decide to go home.  I call my other girlfriend and she says to meet her at Frequency at around 12pm.

I rush home, shower, change, and rush back out. On my way to the club, I start walking next to a rickshaw guy. They offer me a ride for free but I decline stating that I do not know who has been on that seat.  We have an indepth discussion about his rickshaw business. He rents the rickshaw for $130 per month and makes $15 per person per ride on average.  He says he makes approximately $30K for the summer. Quite entrepreneurial. He's 26. We discuss his long-term work aspirations. He mentions he's looking into real estate as a possible profession. So I recommend that if he likes selling, he should try to get into business to business selling as that would be more lucrative if you're going to be on commission.He asks my age.  I ask him to guess and he guesses 21.

So I get to Frequency and my girlfriend is already there with two of her friends.  There is a lineup. We use the reduced cover cards that some guy handed over to me down the block. Cover still turns out to be $10. I get in there and it turns out that its Asian night promoted by Brighter Days Entertainment.  So as with any other night out, we first go to the bars, get a round of drinks, then go walk around.  There are two floors and three rooms with different music.  We first go to the upstairs where they play R&B Hip Hop. At some point in the night, we do a bathroom trip and get more drinks from the bar.

After years of clubbing, I've decided that from now on, I would be wearing ear plugs when I go to nightclubs.  The reason being that I think that I have lost some hearing already as I sometimes speak very loudly and I can't hear people that well when they speak. I think old age is getting to me.

So at the nightclub, sometime during the night, a guy talks to me and says something. I can't hear what he's saying because I"m wearing earplugs but nod my head as though I have understood.  He leaves and then he comes back.  He talks to me again and said that he thought we were going to go do a shot.  I told him that I don't drink. He asked me if its because i'm the designated driver. I said no, I live downtown.  I just don't drink. I don't think he seem to understand why someone would not drink. The music is too loud so I could not explain that I'm a little bit allergic to alcohol.

Overall it was a fun evening. Tired now as its 320am.  Going to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment